Abstract submission deadline extended to August 25, 2014. To submit an abstract please follow the instructions below. Skip to abstract submission form.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ABSTRACTS
Abstracts must be submitted electronically via the on-line Abstract Submission Portal. Submit an Abstract on-line now!
Deadline for Submission
Abstracts must be submitted by indicated deadline. Late submissions will be considered at the sole discretion of the WFAS local organizing and academic committee.
All abstracts and presenter information must be typed in English in MS Word format using Times New Roman 12 point font using the on-line form.
Please indicate language of your presentation when prompted on the on-line abstract form. The conference languages are English or Mandarin Chinese. Posters may be in any language but MUST include a full translation into English. If an abstract will be presented in Chinese, both English and Chinese translations must be included.
Personal details of the person presenting the paper must be completed. All presenters must register for the conference.
Title of Presentation
To be typed in Sentence case (First word initial Capital, capitals only for ACRONYMS and first letter of a Proper Noun).
The abstract is to be uploaded via the on-line portal as an MS Word document. The text of the abstract must be typed in English in Times New Roman 12 point, single line-spacing, and should not exceed 250 words. Abstracts in Chinese should be submitted in Word format using Simsun font together with an accurate translation into English. All acu-points and meridians must be named according to Standard Acupuncture Point Locations (World Health Organization Western Pacific Regional Office, 2008) or Standard Acupuncture Nomenclature, Parts 1 & 2 (World Health Organization. 1991: revised edition).
Acupuncture and Integrative Medicine Conference
East meets West – Shaping the Future or Healthcare
Advancing global health and wellness through acupuncture & traditional medicine
Abstracts should fit under the conference theme and/or one of the following sub-themes:
- Pain management
- Neurological disorders
- GI Disorders/Functional GI issues
- Traumatic injury and rehab
- Cancer treatment and cares
- Cardiovascular disorders
- Gynecology, Fertility & Infertility
- Pediatric diseases
- Autoimmune disorders including HIV and AIDS
- Preventative medicine
- Wellness management
- Sports medicine
- Reports on research & reviews
- Current studies on classic TCM and acupuncture
- Future directions and strategies for research/clinical practice
- Acupuncture special techniques
- Regulation, policy and legislation
- Standards and safety
- Education and training
Content of Abstracts
For abstracts of reports on research, including clinical trials, the following should be included: General description/Objectives; Methods; Results; Conclusion/Commentary. Other abstracts should clearly indicate the structure of the proposed presentation.
A short biography of the presenter needs to be submitted on the abstract form (maximum 75 words).
The following resources will be available for oral presentations: laptop with MS PowerPoint software, data projector and screen. If a film slide, DVD or video presentation is proposed, this must be specified under AV requirements when prompted on the online abstract form. Specific AV requests will be considered at the sole discretion of the WFAS Organizing Committee.
Poster presentations will be displayed in a dedicated section of the conference area. Individual poster sizes must not exceed 90cm in width and 120 cm in height. Display instructions will be given to presenter; presenter will be responsible to put up and take down poster board display according to the scheduled presentation time.
Abstract oral presentations will be 15 minutes with an additional 2 minutes for Q&A discussion. Workshop oral presentations will be 45 minutes with an additional 5 minutes for Q&A discussion. Presenters will be notified of their presentation schedule by WFAS academic committee. Finalized powerpoints for Oral presentation must be submitted by Sept 25, 2014.
Peer Review process
All abstracts will be subject to review by the WFAS 2014 Academic Committee.
Acceptance of Abstract
Abstracts that fulfill the above requirements will be considered. Due consideration will be given to originality and quality. Notification will be sent to the presenting author in relation to acceptance and presentation. The decision of the WFAS Houston 2014 Academic Committee and the WFAS 2014 Local Organizing Committee is final in relation to acceptance or rejection of presentations, and the format and time of presentations.
Successful abstracts will be published in the WFAS Houston 2014 Book of Abstracts. If you do not wish to publish your abstract please advise WFAS Academic Committee via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
lf you do not agree to having your email address published in the Book of Abstracts or would like an alternate email address to the one already supplied, please advise WFAS Academic Committee via email email@example.com.
Abstracts, oral presentations, practical workshops and posters must not contain any kind of advertising. Individuals and organizations wishing to advertise at the conference should refer to the Trade and Advertising Prospectus.
- Abstracts must be the author’s own work.
- The invitation to submit an abstract does not constitute an offer to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the Conference. Similarly, no speaker fee is paid to successful participants. All speakers must register for the conference.
- The WFAS Academic Committee reserves the right to allocate abstracts into sessions as they see fit in accordance with the overall program objectives.
- Abstracts that do not include sufficient data may be rejected.
- If successful, you will be required to confirm your acceptance of the invitation and register to attend the conference (if not already registered).
- Any questions related to abstract submission please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How will you know if your abstract has been successfully uploaded?
- You will receive an acknowledgement within 2 – 3 business days from the WFAS Organizing Committee.
- Your abstract name and the name of the presenter(s) will then be listed on the Abstracts Received page; abstracts are listed according to the type (oral or poster) of presentation in order of receipt.
- Abstracts received outside Houston business hours (such as on a Saturday or a Sunday, local time, or during public holidays) will not receive a formal acknowledgement until the following week.